Which is the Best Wifi Card for Gaming?
How to Choose a Suitable PCIe Wifi Card for Gaming PC?
You won’t be able to find it because there are so many options available, That’s why we thought we need to prepare a list of PCIe Wifi Cards for PC (Wireless PCIe Adapters).
The old Ethernet cables are no more fun anymore, right? Losing signal strength & distortion in the cables are the most common problems which we face.
We all know, Desktop PCs generally do not come with a built-in PCIe Wifi card (PCIe adapters) and the users need to make use of long and messy CAT5 & CAT5E ethernet cables so as to enjoy internet on the PCs.
So, What do we need to do?
Call To Action: As technology boomed tech giants came up with a solution, there are PCIe Wifi Cards for PC. This calls for some measures using which the Wi-Fi card can be integrated into the desktop PCs as well. Lately, the Wi-Fi facility has become a necessity in every single desktop.
There are several methods to integrate the Wi-Fi feature on a desktop PC which include USB adapters, Wi-Fi data cards and using motherboards with the Wi-Fi feature already integrated into it.
However, to get better connectivity at an affordable price, the users generally prefer using Wifi cards for PC.
The WiFi card for PC is attached to the PCIe Wifi Card Express slot on the desktop PC and helps to establish a secure Wi-Fi network in the desktop PC itself. The users no longer need to use the long ethernet wires for the purpose.
These Wi-Fi data cards come with detachable external antennas that connect well with the corresponding antennas of the router if they have the same number of the antenna. This also is quite helpful when there are a limited number of USB ports on the PC.
Table of Content
What We Are Discussing Today?
- 1 List of PCIe Wifi Cards
- 1.1 Best Wifi Card For PC (Detailed Description)
- 1.1.1 13. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N900 (FS-N900 Pro Edition)
- 1.1.2 12. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N600 (FS-N600 Pro Edition)
- 1.1.3 11. Fenvi Desktop PC Dual Band Wireless WIFI PCI Express Card
- 1.1.4 10. Gigabit AX200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi adapter
- 1.1.5 9. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N600 (FS-N600 Basic Edition)
- 1.1.6 8. TP-Link Wireless N300 PCI Adapter, (TL-WN851ND)
- 1.1.7 7. Rosewill 802.11N, N900 PCI Express WiFi Card (RNWD-N9003PCe)
- 1.1.8 6. TP-Link N300 PCI Wifi-Express Adapter (TL-WN881ND)
- 1.1.9 5. Ziyituod AX200 – PCIe Dual-band Wireless Wifi Card
- 1.1.10 4. TP-Link Archer AC1300 (Best Wifi Card For Gaming)
- 1.1.11 3. TP-Link N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
- 1.1.12 2. ASUS WiFi PCI Express Adapter (PCE-AC56)
- 1.1.13 1. TP-Link AC1200 (Best PCIe Wifi Card – Editor’s Choice)
- 1.2 Conclusion
- 1.3 The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions About PCIe Wifi Card)
- 1.3.1 Q. How To Install A WIFI Card On PC?
- 1.3.2 Q. How to Install a Wireless Networking Card?
- 1.3.3 Q. Required Equipment For Setup?
- 1.3.4 Other Recommended Read:
List of PCIe Wifi Cards
||Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N900
||Feb Smart Dual Band N600 – Pro Edition
||Fenvi Desktop PC Dual Band WiFi Card
||Gigabit AX200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi adapter
||Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N600 – Basic Edition
||TP-Link Wireless N300 PCI Adapter
||Rosewill N900 PCI Express WiFi Card
||Ziyituod AX200 – PCIe Dual-band Wireless Wifi Card
||TP-Link Archer AC1300 – Best Wifi Card for Gaming
||ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter (PCE-AC56)
||TP-Link AC1200 – Editor’s Choice
Now, it’s time to review each individual Wireless Card which is suitable for Desktop. Let’s dive into Detail description.
Best Wifi Card For PC (Detailed Description)
13. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N900 (FS-N900 Pro Edition)
FS-N900 Pro edition is one of the best Wifi Card for PC one can find for his PC. However, the customers should take note that this product is compatible with the Intel Inside processors only and extends no support for the AMD processors.
The product comes with an out of the box 30-day money-back guarantee, one-year warranty and lifetime tech support.
This model helps the user to add high speed 802.11 N Wi-fi connectivity to his PC by connecting at the PCI Express slot. The Wi-Fi network can be adjusted into 2 frequencies viz. 2.4 GHz and 5GHZ but the speed remains the same as 450 Mbps. The device comes with a Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 chipset.
The product comes with a detachable 18dBi external antenna which provides improved wireless network reliability and performance. The product is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, Linux kernel 2.6.30 & above operating systems.
- Supports 450 Mbps max throughput on 2.4 GHz band or 5GHz band.
- High speed 802.11 N Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Increased reliability and performance and suitable for online gaming and HD video streaming.
- CD pack doesn’t have Ubuntu support drivers.
- Claims of an unexpected stop in working are registered.
Buy Now On Amazon
12. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N600 (FS-N600 Pro Edition)
The product comes with an integrated Qualcomm Atheros Chipset and comes with 12 dBi external detachable powerful antenna kit. The product helps the user to add a strong 802.11 N Wi-Fi connectivity and it connects to the PCI Express slot of the PC.
The speed is limited to 300 Mbps and the frequency can be adjusted between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The Wi-Fi card for PC is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP (32/64 bits), Linux Ubuntu system operating systems.
The device is compatible with PCI Express X1, X4, X8, X16 slots. It also extends compatibility with numerous security protocols. The device is highly useful for online gaming and HD video streaming and assures two bar signals always.
- Allows wireless network connection at 2.4 GHz or 5GHz 300Mbps.
- Enhance connectivity, adds at least two bars of signal than before.
- Provide stable signals.
- The antenna has 12dBi power which lacks in performance for high performance.
Buy Now On Amazon
11. Fenvi Desktop PC Dual Band Wireless WIFI PCI Express Card
For desktop which does not has Wi-Fi connectivity by default, this device comes handy to create a Wi-Fi network by getting connected to the PCI-E interface.
This device also adds the Bluetooth function to the desktop PCs. The device extends dual-band network support and supports speeds up to 300 Mbps.
This particular device comes with a 2X detachable omnidirectional 6DBi low profile antenna. The device is compatible with IEEE 802.11 ac/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0/3.0.
It is compatible with Windows 7 (32 bit/64 bit), Windows 8/8.1 (32 bit/64 bit) and does not extend support to desktop PCs running on Mac or Linux operating systems.
The users can download the necessary drivers required for the proper functioning of the product from its official website.
- Supports speeds up to 300M at 2.4 GHz or 867M at 5.0 GHz.
- High-speed connectivity with Bluetooth function.
- It allows seamless roaming features.
- The flimsy hinge of antennas.
- Network card problems arising from continuous usage causing a decrease in internet speeds.
Buy Now On Amazon
10. Gigabit AX200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi adapter
Get your hands on this one of the best PCIe Wireless cards available in the online market. It offers great performance as the makers have implemented the latest 802.11 AX along with 1024 QAM, OFDMA.
This PCIe wifi card is able to offer higher data rates even in dense environments. It offers smooth video streaming with almost no interruption.
The card is compatible with the latest routers and it is also compatible with Wifi Miracast, Wifi Direct, WPA3 security. The packaging includes external antennas, PCI brackets, USB cable, WiFi 6 PCIe card, and instruction manual.
- Compatible with all the latest routers
- Works well in dense environments as well
- Offers smooth video streaming
- Comes with PCI bracket, external antennas
- Does not work in Windows 10
Buy Now On Amazon
9. Feb Smart Wireless Dual Band N600 (FS-N600 Basic Edition)
The device comes with 30 days money-back guarantee, one year warranty and lifetime tech support out of the box. The company has a super active tech support center for the purpose of attending to the queries of the users.
The product is highly useful for adding a high speed 802.11 N Wi-Fi connectivity to a desktop which does not have Wi-Fi by default and this is possible by connecting the device to the PCI-E Card Express slot in the CPU.
The speeds are limited to 300 Mbps and the network is available in dual bands i.e. 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
The device functions on the Qualcomm Atheros chipset and features a 6DBi detachable external antenna which helps in improving the wireless network reliability and performance.
This also makes this wifi card ideal for online gaming and HD video streaming. The device is compatible with almost all the Windows operating systems along with Linux and Ubuntu operating systems as well.
- Adds high speed 802.11 N Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Share stable networks.
- It provides high-speed internet for online gaming and HD video streaming.
- The signal quality offered is quite low than others.
- Claims of Qualcomm Atheros been used rather than Feb Smart have reported.
Buy Now On Amazon
8. TP-Link Wireless N300 PCI Adapter, (TL-WN851ND)
This PCIe WiFi card for desktop comes with the trust of the TP-Link brand which is a trendsetter in the sector of producing wireless network devices. The device comes in 3 standards viz. IEEE 802.11N, IEEE 802.11G, IEEE 802.11b.
The device is compatible with the 32-bit PCI-E card interface. It features 2X 2 DBi Detachable Omnidirectional Antenna.
The device has no comparison when it comes to wireless security protocols. It supports 64/128 bit WEP, WPA/WPA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, Wireless MAC Filtering. The device comes with Ad-Hoc wireless mode and infrastructure.
It is compatible with operating systems including Windows 7 (32 bit/64 bit), Windows Vista (32 bit/64 bit), Windows XP (32 bit/64 bit), Windows 2000 and the users can download the necessary drivers from the official website of TP-Link.
- It comes with an Omnidirectional antenna for better network coverage.
- CCA technology used avoids channel conflicts and promotes high performance.
- Advanced security options.
- Not suitable for multiplayer online gaming.
- Supports 32-bit driver rather 64-bit.
- Poor working in Linux platforms.
Buy Now On Amazon
7. Rosewill 802.11N, N900 PCI Express WiFi Card (RNWD-N9003PCe)
This Wifi card for PC from Rosewill complies with the popular Wi-Fi standards including the IEEE 802.11b/g/n. The wireless network comes with a dual-band setting and supports speeds up to 450 Mbps.
The dual-band connectivity enriches the online gaming and HD streaming experiences of the user apart from providing unhindered browsing and surfing.
The setup of the device is simple and quick and it comes with a bundled CD that helps the users for the same. It features three antennas which increase the wireless coverage and provide strong Wi-Fi performance.
The device supports all the wireless security protocols including 64.128 bit WEP, WPA/ WPA2/ WPA-PSK/ WPA2-PSK (TKIP/ AES). It can be run on all the Windows operating systems.
The Wi-Fi card also supports ad-hoc and infrastructure modes. The 5 GHz band can be highly useful in gaming and HD video streaming purposes. This PCI-E card has the ability to cater to all the network needs of the desktop PC users.
- It comes with three antennas, supporting strong Wi-Fi performance and Wi-Fi connection stability.
- Quick and hassle-free installation.
- It comes with a 5 GHz band excellent for gaming and video streaming performances.
- Reports of unexpected crashing while working have been claimed.
- Faces problems of overheating.
Buy Now On Amazon
6. TP-Link N300 PCI Wifi-Express Adapter (TL-WN881ND)
This device from TP-Link provides wireless networks providing speeds up to 300 Mbps and makes this device a must for all the desktop PC users who have requirements like video streaming, online gaming and internet calls. The 2T2R MIMO performs incredibly well as compared to the conventional 1T1R MIMO.
The device performs absolutely well on all the operating systems including Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista. The setting up of the device is quite simple and a highly secure wireless network can be set up with WPS. The TP-Link Wi-Fi card also supports ad-hoc and infrastructure mode.
The card is compatible with 802.11 n/b/g products and comes with an incredible 2- year warranty. The users can also reach out to the customer care center anytime they face any trouble with the product.
- With Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MIMO) antennas, it allows sending strong and reliable signals over long distances with greater throughput.
- Easy setup and configuration.
- Provides stable wireless connection with Clear Channel Assessment (CCA) technology.
- Needs occasional reboot for proper functioning.
- Can’t receive 5G signals.
Buy Now On Amazon
5. Ziyituod AX200 – PCIe Dual-band Wireless Wifi Card
Let us talk about the Ziyitoud PCIe WiFi card which is clubbed with next-generation wifi technology. If you are into online gaming then this will serve your purpose. It supports 5GHz and 2.4 GHz band.
The transmission rate offered by the product is up to 2974 Mbps. You can connect it with Bluetooth compatible devices. It is compatible with Windows 10, Linux and works well with the latest wifi routers and wife 6 devices.
The product comes with a money-back guarantee, along with a one year warranty period.
- Compatible with Bluetooth devices
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
- Clubbed with next-generation wifi technology
- Offers great speed for gaming and online streaming
Buy Now On Amazon
4. TP-Link Archer AC1300 (Best Wifi Card For Gaming)
Using this Wifi card for desktop, the users can upgrade their wireless networks up to speeds of 1300 Mbps. The device limits the speed to 867 Mbps on the 5GHz band and up to 400 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band.
This Wireless device features a heat sink technology that prevents the device from overheating by dissipating the heat away from the core components.
Thus, the overall reliability and the performance of the device is increased manifolds. The device is specifically built for high-performance computing like online gaming, 4K, and Ultra HD video streaming.
The device has an increased wireless range by virtue of the 2X external antennas and this ensures a greater range of Wi-Fi connection and stability. The antennas are also detachable. The device fits into the PCI Express slot on the desktop PC.
- Read: Long Ethernet Cables For Networking
The device extends support to all the Windows operating systems. However, if the users face any issues, they can get compatible drivers from the official site of the product. The product comes with a 2-year warranty and has been ranked the highest among the wireless routers in the world in terms of customer satisfaction.
- Inbuilt Heat Sink technology for reducing overheating problems.
- It provides high-performance computing with 4K video streaming.
- You can upgrade your Wi-Fi card to 1300Mbps Wi-Fi speeds.
- Drivers included seldom fail to recognize the card.
- Not suitable for covering longer distances.
- The frequent dropping of signals.
Buy Now On Amazon
3. TP-Link N900 Wireless Dual Band PCI-Express Adapter (TL-WDN4800)
Another amazing Wifi card for PC. This product supports dual-band Wi-Fi with speeds ranging up to 450 Mbps on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
It is recommended that the users upgrade their routers to the latest firmware versions and USB Printer Controllers for a better experience using the device.
The setup process is very easy and the product comes with a bundled CD that helps the users in the setup process. The product features three antennas for increased wireless performance and stability.
This product is also ideal for all the users who are into online Video gaming and ultra HD video streaming.
It is compatible with the 802.11 a/b/g/n products and runs smoothly on Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8 on both the 32 bit and 64-bit variants. It comes with a 2-year warranty and unlimited technical support all round the clock whenever the user faces any issue with the product.
Pay Attention: This Wifi Card For Desktop is more suitable for High Tech-Gaming & ultra HD Video Streaming
- It comes with three antennas for increased performance and stability.
- Dual-band technology with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz provides smoother HD video streaming opportunities.
- Quality of the antennas is not that great
- Not suitable for long-distance operations.
- Supports comparatively slower download speeds.
Buy Now On Amazon
2. ASUS WiFi PCI Express Adapter (PCE-AC56)
This PCI-E Wifi card For PC has an extensible design that enables service prioritization for data. The device comes with a unique design that delivers high availability, scalability and for maximum flexibility with the required performance.
The wireless network has a standard of 802.11 ac and eliminates the need for using long messy network ethernet cables for the desktop PCs.
The device makes use of a next-generation chipset for providing a highly secure wireless network to the users and supports all the wireless security protocols. The device supports all the Windows operating systems and works smoothly on them.
PCE-AC56 comes with a high power design which reduces the wireless dead zones and provides 150% greater wireless coverage to the users. The device has a specially designed heat sink which ensures stable and reliable continuous operation.
- Extensible design enabling service prioritization of data.
- Broadcom TurboQAM technology gives a 33% faster 802.11 N performance.
- It comes with a heat sink for a stable and reliable connection.
- Faces an unexpected drop of connection and requires a reboot.
- Problems encountered while running with MacOS Wi-Fi management tools.
- Sometime Driver Issues with Mac
Buy Now On Amazon
1. TP-Link AC1200 (Best PCIe Wifi Card – Editor’s Choice)
After reviewing all these products above thoroughly we have our best pick for you if you are into gaming, It’s super easy to set up. All you need to do is to plug it in your PC’s PCIe Wifi card Slot. The installation procedure is very simple and it enables you to move your PC wherever you want with a working wifi connection.
The speed offered by Archer T4E is faster than any normal wireless wifi card. It comes with a heat sink that helps in dissolving the generated heat through the adapter and increases the lifespan of the product.
This is a perfect product for online gaming as it provides lightning-fast speed. The product comes with a warranty period of 2 years. It also features external antennas. The wifi card can be used on windows 10, 8,7,8.1, XP. This is one of the best PCIe wifi cards for Desktop available in the online market.
- It provides lightning-fast speed which is greater than standard wifi speed.
- Comes with a heat sink
- Supports Windows 8,8,1,7,10 and XP.
- Easy to set up
- Sometimes, it has a problem while connecting.
Buy Now On Amazon
If your desktop PC does not have a built-in WiFi card, the above-mentioned list of Wifi card for pc can be of great help by helping you to establish a strong Wi-Fi network.
This can eliminate the hassles of using messy ethernet cables for the internet and provides strong and reliable wireless networks for users. The users can even use these Wifi PCI network Adapter for online gaming and ultra HD video streaming purposes especially for gamers who site for hours on gaming chairs.
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions About PCIe Wifi Card)
Q. How To Install A WIFI Card On PC?
Ans. Wi-Fi networking is an unquestionable requirement in the 21st century, yet not all PCs come pre-introduced with a remote systems administration card.
Wi-Fi is winding up more typical in workstations, yet not all personal computers have it. Include Wi-Fi and you can interface with the Internet remotely and have Wi-Fi hotspots for your different gadgets.
The advantages of Wi-Fi are hard to overlook, even in a work area PC. With Wi-Fi, you can position your PC anyplace in your home or office, as long as there’s an electrical plug close-by. You would then be able to associate it to your switch without running an Ethernet link. Adding Wi-Fi to your work area PC can likewise be helpful regardless of whether it as of now has an Ethernet association. With PCI-E Card Slots on your PC, you can have a Wi-Fi hotspot on your PC, enabling different gadgets to associate through its web association.
Here in this video, you will learn more motherboard & PCI-E slots or How to install a PCIe Wifi Card on your PC,
Q. How to Install a Wireless Networking Card?
Ans. It’s important that the setup procedure may differ marginally relying upon the Wi-Fi organizing card you utilize, so on the off chance that you need to know which Wi-Fi organizing card we’re utilizing in this how-to, we’re utilizing the Inateck 2-in 1 3-port USB 3.0 PCI-E card with Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 air conditioning/a/b/g/n network. You’ll get three fast USB 3.0 ports and also a Wi-Fi organizing connector.
1. Close down your PC, and unplug it totally:
On the off chance that you are introducing a full card and not only a USB connector, but this is also an occupation that should be finished with the machine off and unplugged.
2. Open the front of your work area:
For some more established PCs, this requires unscrewing connector sticks on the back of the case. For most Macs and PCs, it will just require pulling on a switch that will enable you to either pull down the side or completely expel some portion of the case.
3. Find the right opening on your PC for the remote card
Locate avoid PCI opening on a PC. Make a point to evacuate the faceplate for that port before attempting to introduce the card. This will uncover the new card from the back of your PC when you close the case.
For a Mac, find the Airport card space. On most G5 Power Macs, it is by and a large piece of the metal divider that isolates the rationale board. On the iMac G4, the card opening is in the adjusted base. Furthermore, in the iMac G5, it’s a privilege in the center when you’ve unscrewed the entire backplate.
4. Embed the remote card
On a PC, embed the card until the point when it is solidly situated in the port. Append any screws related with the card utilizing a Phillips-head screwdriver. Join the radio wire to the outside of the card, and close your case.
On a Mac, interface the reception apparatus link to the back of the card and attachment the card into the board. It will just interface one way, so in the event that it doesn’t work the first run through simply turn it around. By and large, you’ll turn the mark look down so you can see the sequential number and other composed points of interest on the card.
5. Expel your battery from your PC
This isn’t important, yet it’s a decent practice to ensure that your PC is sheltered.
Q. Required Equipment For Setup?
Ans. Broadband Internet association and modem: A broadband Internet association is a rapid Internet association. Computerized Subscriber Line (DSL) and link are two of the most well-known broadband associations. You can get a broadband association by reaching an Internet specialist organization (ISP). Regularly, ISPs that give DSL are phone organizations and ISPs that give links are satellite TV organizations. ISPs as often as possible offer broadband modems. Some ISPs likewise offer mix modem/remote switches. You can likewise discover these at PC or gadget stores and on the web.
Remote switch: A switch sends data between your system and the Internet. With a remote switch, you can associate PCs to your system utilizing radio flags rather than wires. There are a few various types of remote system innovations, which incorporate 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and 802.11ac.
Remote system connector: A remote system connector is a gadget that associates your PC to a remote system. To associate your convenient or work area PC to your remote system, the PC must have a remote system connector. Most PCs and tablets—and some work area PCs—accompany a remote system connector previously introduced.
To make utilization of a Wi-Fi card, you require access to a remote switch. There are a few distinct sorts of remote systems administration cards and switches, for example, 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n. For ideal execution, introduce a remote card that utilizes an indistinguishable standard from your switch